Waterloo station stabbing: Man, 32, dies after being knifed in street

A man has been stabbed to death near London’s Waterloo Station.

The 32-year-old victim was knifed in central London in the early hours of this morning.

Police officers found him on a street near Waterloo Station shortly after 2.15am.

He was treated at the scene and rushed to hospital, where he died.

Murder detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command are now looking into the death.

Police have set up a cordon and a blue tent at the scene, although officers have not yet made any arrests.

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 2.09am today (29 October) to reports of a stabbing on the junction of Murphy Street and Frazier Street, Waterloo.

“We sent an ambulance crew, an advanced paramedic, a medic in a fast response car and members of our tactical response unit to the scene.

“We treated one person at the scene before taking them to a major trauma centre.”

A resident in the area said he was “expecting this to happen sooner or later”, MyLondon reports.

Narivaldo Messias, 40, said there are fights on the street “almost every weekend”.

He added that he has seen people bloodied and “passed out” after brawls.

“I was expecting this to happen sooner or later,” said Mr Narivaldo.

He said there are often people running around and “yelling and screaming” and once someone stole his phone while he was out walking in the area.

“It’s so normal that I don’t pay attention anymore. Every single night,” he said.

London Assembly Member for Lambeth and Southwark Marina Ahmad tweeted: “Very sad to hear of a stabbing and death of a man at approx 2am this morning, 29th Oct.

“The incident was on Lower Marsh SE1. My thoughts are with the victim’s loved ones.”

Anyone with information about the stabbing in Lower Marsh is being asked to anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Meanwhile, an 18-year-old man is fighting for his life in hospital after being stabbed during a fight in the capital on Friday.

Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 12:10pm after reports of a fight in Lewisham, south east London.

Members of the public had alerted the to the fight and reports of an injured male, but when officers arrived the injured man had fled the scene in his car.

Unable to carry on due to his injuries, the teenager then stopped the car at High Road, where a passing paramedic was flagged down.

The young man was taken to hospital where he is currently fighting for his life.

Lewisham High street was closed in both directions leading to major disruption in the area throughout the day.

Crime scenes were in place in both locations, with queuing traffic due to the serious incident between A20 Rennell Street and Lewisham Hill. The 129, 199, 273 and 380 buses are on diversion.